.NET + Kentico Web Developer | Consultant | Solutions Architect | Newcastle-based, remote-ready
If you occasionally need an extra senior Kentico developer during a busy period, or tech guidance on sales or solution architecture for Kentico projects, I’d like to help.
I’m an Australian freelance Kentico developer with 6+ years of agency experience implementing Kentico websites, and over 20 years’ experience as a professional web developer, both on-site and remotely.
I can help you with
- technical architecture, risk assessment and project guidance (including support during scoping, sales, estimation and the tender process)
- implementation of ASP.NET, SQL, .NET Web API and Kentico solutions including complex Kentico eCommerce solutions, payment gateways, custom modules, integration with third party systems, import and export tools etc
- rapid, high quality implementation of static markup into Kentico using best practices, satisfying web and accessibility standards (HTML5 validation, WCAG)
- supporting, guiding and working alongside your dev team, or solo
- training and mentoring in Kentico for developers and content administrators
- team development – hiring, assessing, expanding and improving your tech team and its processes, induction materials
- supporting technical change and growth
- preparing for and improving remote working practices
- independent Kentico project audits and assessments
- Kentico upgrades
If you’re considering an overseas / outsourced Kentico dev team, I might also be able to help you establish, train and manage that team on location.
I can possibly also help with the following, although these are skills I am improving, and not my strengths:
- some front-end work: AngularJS, jQuery, NVD3, Twitter Bootstrap, adapting existing HTML/CSS/js
- other CMS development: Squarespace, WordPress, Umbraco and Orchard
My location and movements
- 6+ years full time Kentico development experience as a senior developer and technical director at Get Started in Australia. Kentico Gold partner, number 1 vendor of Kentico CMS in the world, taking on commercial, non-profit and government projects.
- freelanced and consulted with a range of agencies and organisations in Australia and Canada
- implemented, maintained, upgraded and enhanced Kentico projects from version 4.1 through to 9
- 20+ years backend web dev experience in Microsoft technologies
- 8 years experience in team leadership including tech team cultivation, training, mentoring
- experienced in web dev process improvement, quality improvement, change management and dev agency support during growth
- experienced preparing documents for submission in the tender process
- experience running client workshops and training sessions for tech teams
- Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Newcastle
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Linguistics, Monash University
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility, University of South Australia
- LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/carly_io
- Pluralsight: https://app.pluralsight.com/id/profile/clyddiard
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’carlyl.sg-host.com – website contact’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Message’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]